Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I really need to start blogging more ;)

Oh man. The past 5 months have really flown by! I really think I've now got into a great routine, now being a mommy to two sweet boys. My days are always crazy busy and I'm running around on little to no sleep, but I wouldn't change a thing :) here's an update on what's been up these past few months:

Matthew is already mobile! I can't believe it. He is ready to start crawling any minute but he loves to roll around the house. He's now around 18-19lbs and is around 25-26in long. He has started to sleep better at night, however, he's great at giving me a solid 13hr night then giving me 4 nights of where he's up every 3hrs. He takes 2 cat naps throughout the day, but that really it! I was really hoping for another great sleeper, but it's okay. He's so sweet so it makes up for it! :) it looks like his first "word" is "da da". His little voice is adorable! 

Ethan completed his first season of SportBall multi sport last week. He had such a great time and is sad the season is already over! Next up for him: swimming, preschool, then AYSO this fall. He'll be turning 4 in May, and I can't believe it! :) proud mommy moment: he's now fully potty trained! (About dang time!)

We decided to list our rental property for sale once our tenant moved out in Dec. We had 2 offers placed within 6 days of it being on the market! We had it for rent for 3 months and our search for a qualifying tenant was a bust. So selling it this quickly was a surprise. It's now in escrow, and should be closing by the end of this week. 

Mark received some great news about his Major board! He was approved to be brought forth (his paperwork actually) to the board next month. If he gets the thumbs up, he will pin Major immediately and it will be back dated at least one year. Fingers crossed! Next month, he will be finishing grad school. I couldn't be more proud of him :) 

And for me? Not too much. Besides being busy with the boys and trying to keep up with everyone, I've lost 13lbs since Christmas Eve. Strict diet- gluten and dairy free as possible, 1350 calories a day, and no refined sugars. And daily exercise- walking or jogging a minimum of a 5k with core and strength training. I sort of took Febuary off and really got serious again about 3 weeks ago. Only 10lbs left until I reach my goal! But other than that, my hubby and boys are my life right now. I looked into going back to school, but unfortunately, that is years away. I will however, reactivate my RDA after the dental convention this May so I can return to work part time hopefully this  summer. I can't wait! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment