It's definitely been a pretty busy past few days around here! On Thurs, it was a day full of dental appointments, ant infestation downstairs, forgetfulness, and a defiant toddler.
Even though I was in the dental field for over 5 years, I hate being a patient in that dental chair. I guess it stems from having extensive reconstructive surgery done, so for a few years my visits were very painful. Luckily I have no cavities! Just 7 titanium plates and I'm now in traumatic occlusion. I go in a few weeks to get my bite adjusted. :( I would need to have braces again, but after having them for 10 years there is no way I'd go there again. I'd rather my teeth fall out.
Having dark hardwood floors always seems like a good idea. Yes, they look beautiful and they are easier to clean than carpet. But there are also huge down sides. You see EVERYTHING. From smudges to dust. I honestly sweep with a dust mop twice a day, vacuum 3 times a week, and mop 2-3 times a week. Another bad thing is that if you have an ant infestation, you can't see it until it's too late. We tend to get small black ants in this neck of the woods so when the "scouts" come into the house, I tend not to notice because they are pretty much the same color as the floors! Well on Thurs I wake up to ants everywhere. And since it's been so cold, they are slow and confused (not crawling in a trail). It literally looked like dozens and dozens of the little demons were thrown all over my downstairs (about 1100sq ft). That was fun. All because there was a crumb the size of a pin head under my dining room table.
One year ago, Mark and I completely renovated our back yard. And I ended up getting a huge space for a garden out of it! I had high hopes of having a ton of fruits and veggies growing out of that space. In the end, only my 6ft section of garlic remains. My tomato, zucchini, eggplant, and bell pepper plants didn't survive the frost we've had the past couple weeks. So it was a bit bitter sweet taking out the plants that were dead but I realized it's going to be a fresh start come spring time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment