This pregnancy is already keeping me on my toes! One urgent care and one ER visit all in less than a week. But in the end, our little munchkin is doing perfectly fine.
I was diagnosed with a 4mm subchronionic hematoma that was causing some bleeding/spotting. Definitely a scary sight! Some people will say "oh it's normal to have that in pregnancy". After my last 2 visits, it is definitely NOT normal and should be taken very seriously. According to the ER doc I saw yesterday, SCHs can be found in most sonograms in women in early pregnancy due to accumulated blood from implantation. But when they start bleeding out or it continues growing in size, they can cause the placenta to detach and the result would be a miscarriage/loss of the baby. So as of right now, I'm under very close watch and on "modified bed rest". I did manage to go to the grocery store today with munchkin but I have plans to relax the rest of the day.
Seeing my little munchkin twice so far this week definitely has been a treat. I'm amazed how much in 2 days he/she had changed! Yesterday, he/she made it very clear that they don't like trans abdominal ultrasounds. You see this TINY forehead and 2 eye sockets on the screen one second, then they are gone the next with a back showing on the screen. On Sunday, there was no wiggling or moving around! Just incredible. Heart rate was 166bpm on Sunday but yesterday the ER doc just wanted to confirm a "viable pregnancy" so we just watched the little heart beat away and the munchkin moving around.
How am I feeling you ask? Like I'm walking on eggshells, hungry like a starving hostage when my Zofran kicks in, insanely tired, and just overall apprehensive. I just have to remind myself ALL of the positive that has come out of all of my visits. That keeps me going :) I finally get to see my OB on Friday, so I'm definitely curious as to what she says.
According to my ultrasounds, 8-9 weeks down 29-33 weeks to go!


No comments:
Post a Comment