•my sweet boy turned 3 in May. Time sure flies when you're having fun!
•Hubby still working graveyard which will apparently change here in a couple weeks! It'll be his first change in shift in about 4-5 yrs.
•I am now approx. 24 weeks pregnant now. It has been such an emotional roller coaster so far and I can't wait to meet this sweet baby!
We definitely kept sweet boy's birthday very low key this year. Since my husband was on "stand by" to leave for training and still working graveyard, planning an actual party at the house on the weekend was a no-go. So this year, we kept it to just family. My parents decorated their entire downstairs with balloons and we had cake and tons of presents for him. He was just elated! He still talks about his birthday to this day :)
Last week we got news that my hubby's work schedule was finally changing to days! I'm so relieved that we can finally function like a normal family. He will still be working 4-5 days a week with both jobs, but at least on the weekends he'll be home by 8pm. And still no word of he'll be leaving for training or not this year. As of now, it looks like he'll be on active duty orders for 15 months starting this August and will most likely start training after the new year. But he's on stand by for the July 22 start date. If that happens, he'll be home a couple weeks before I'm due with the baby. So who knows! Story of our life and the Air Force!
As I'm nearing the end of my 2nd trimester, it's all becoming a reality that soon I'll be a mommy to two BOYS! This entire pregnancy has been such an emotional roller coaster, I'm so anxious to meet his sweet face! First was the SCH (hemorrhaging) and the threatened miscarriage with the 12wks of modified bed rest, then it was HG (severe morning sickness-not your average nausea but vomiting 5-10 times daily/nightly), and just recently a choroid plexus cyst was found in the baby's brain. After meeting with the geneticist and the perinatologist, Trisomy 18 and 21 were ruled out after a very detailed scan of our baby. A amniocentesis was offered to be 100% sure, but we declined. The scan showed baby's hands, feet, heart, abdomen, and face were all without obvious defect. Because of that, the perinatologist leaned away from the amnio which in itself can risk miscarrying an otherwise healthy baby. Also the CPC appeared to be resolving! Yay! We have a follow up next week with him just for our piece of mind.
At my 24 week prenatal appointment yesterday, my OB confirmed the perinatologist's findings. Overall is was a good appointment. My weight gain is on track, my blood pressure was great, and baby measured 2wks ahead (within the margin of error). Of course my OB had to throw the "big baby card" and remind me if I don't go into labor by 41wks, she will schedule me a repeat cesarean. She even threw the "dead baby card" if I go past 41 weeks as well. That made me a tad anxious but I have an amazing doula by my side. Little does my OB know, I know the stats for going past 41wks with a "suspected" large baby. I went well over 41wks with my sweet boy and his weight estimate was 7lbs 7oz (over 2lbs smaller than he actually was!) and he was perfectly fine.
So right now, I'm planning the nursery, getting Ethan transitioned to a big boy bed, and will hopefully buckle down on potty training.
Full steam ahead! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment